Tuesday, February 13, 2024

What Does it Feel Like to Stand on the Miss America Stage? by Mallory Hudson

It feels like… 

…all the roads I have ever traveled led to this stage, and I feel the years of hard work coming to fruition. Every late night, sacrifice, and ounce of preparation contributed to this very moment. Of course, the top five finish brought me immense joy, but I am most thankful for the personal growth and resiliency I developed throughout my Miss America journey, regardless of any outcome. 


Rob Metzger
It feels like… 

…an honor to stand with 50 of the most kind, intelligent, and ambitious women in the country. In preparation for Miss America, I made a cognizant effort to lean into the qualities and achievements I brought to the table while celebrating the qualities and achievements the other title holders brought to the table as well. The Miss America Class of 2024 is a true sisterhood composed of independent, inspiring, and charismatic women. I have never felt more empowered or more proud to be a woman than I did on the Miss America stage. 


It feels like… 

…an opportunity to advocate for the 1 billion people living in our world with some form of disability. As William Shakespere said, “All the world's a stage, and ALL the men and women merely players…” My service initiative, Inclusive Stages, advocates for individuals with special learning needs and disabilities through theatrical and artistic opportunities. Advocating for Inclusive Stages and sharing my mission on a national platform is something I will always cherish. Everyone can shine if they are simply given the opportunity to do so


It feels like… 

Hudson M Photography
…a great responsibility. Kentuckians support Kentuckians, so I knew I was carrying the hopes and expectations of the people of the Commonwealth to the Miss America Stage. Ultimately, my first priority was to represent my home state of 22 years with grace, dignity, and an unbridled spirit, and I threw my heart and soul into meeting that goal. It was a personal commitment to represent the values and character of the state that has shaped me into the woman I am today. 


It feels like…

…the beginning and continuation of a legacy. Recognizing the footsteps of those who had preceded me, women who had undeniably shaped Miss America’s esteemed tradition, I was acutely aware of the weight of their influence. However, I embraced the idea of creating my own path. I ultimately hope to be remembered as a Miss Kentucky who built intentional connections, advocated for inclusion, led with a servant's heart, and empowered through education 


What does it feel like to stand on the Miss America stage? It’s a feeling that is difficult to label but impossible to forget. I am incredibly thankful I will forever be connected to an opportunity much larger than myself. Thank you, Miss America! 


-Mallory Hudson, Miss Kentucky 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lessons I've Learned by Hannah Roque

Hello Section 36!! My name is Hannah Roque, and I currently hold the title of Miss Addison County in Vermont - I’m so excited to be back wit...