By Jillian Young
Hi, I’m Jillian Young the founder of Press for the Best
As a first year MAO contestant, I have been challenged to grow and believe in myself in so many different ways. Although I am not yet a title holder, I have embraced this opportunity as a tool to grow whether that is interviewing skills, learning from incredible and inspiring young woman around me, or continuing to build Press for the Best and my goal and commitment to creating a safe and positive digital environment for all.
But beyond my independent commitments, I make sure to prioritize preparation. One of my favorite way to do so is visiting local thrift stores and small businesses for Dresses, shoes, and jewelry. Or using resources like friends and communitymembers kind enough to share their dresses in support of my journey. I used my own personal and independent goals and commitments to build a stronger digital community and now have the honor of sharing these with the judges and audience! I hope to encourage all young women interested in the MAO experience to utilize your community recourses, remember your mind is worth millions, and to never limit yourself.
---
Jillian Young is currently competing within the Miss Indiana Org. You can follow her on her Instagram.
This is her first guest blog for Section 36 Forevers.



No comments:
Post a Comment