Thursday, May 20, 2021

New Name. Same Section 36!

When I first started a Pageants blog, I admitted that it took me by surprise. I was writing a Red Sox fan blog. How did that branch into Pageants? But, I realized that as I conducted more interviews with titleholders on the Red Sox blog, they needed their own space to be properly celebrated. I said it would evolve as I went and found its true focus.

And, evolve it has.

To the point where the name didn't even make sense anymore. I realized I wasn't "covering" pageants. I didn't make predictions on pageant winners. I didn't report on winners of each pageant. In all the articles I posted about the actual Miss America competition, for instance, I don't think I mentioned the winner once. (And, I mean, Miss America isn't even a "pageant" anymore.) Who did I mention? The titleholders who had interviewed previously with Section 36. I talked about how they did. That was my focus. This is a true spin-off from the Red Sox blog, celebrating the amazing titleholders who have already been interviewed and just can use more space to share their story. A place to talk about their events. A place to post guest blogs about topics important to them. A place for the amazing women who will forever be part of the Section 36 family. Hmm...forever. I like that...

Introducing "Section 36 Forevers".

A new name, for a new focus. Hopefully that will let people know we're still dealing with titleholders, but the focus is on the women, not the organizations. Forever titleholders, and forever a part of Section 36. 

What else will change? Hopefully not so much of a change as an expansion. I've been honored to be able to post some amazing guest blogs from titleholders in the Section 36 family. (Those have all been transferred over to the new name.) I hope that will continue and grow. I still plan on posting announcements from the forevers when they come up, along with any number of things that come my way. But, I want to simply emphasize the titleholders themselves...who they are, what they do, what is important to them. This is all about them.

Forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lessons I've Learned by Hannah Roque

Hello Section 36!! My name is Hannah Roque, and I currently hold the title of Miss Addison County in Vermont - I’m so excited to be back wit...