Monday, March 20, 2023

Working Memory - A Disability Awareness Month post with Ginger Ragaishis

With Disability Awareness Month upon us, it seemed like a good time to talk about hidden disabilities. Miss Southern Vermont's Teen Ginger Ragaishis has been a fierce advocate for hidden disability awareness, through her Defying Limits website. She has advocated for people, like herself, with a hidden disability, urging them not to limit themselves.

To help with that goal, we wanted to share a video Ginger has made talking about working memory. This video does a great job explaining what may seem like an abstract concept. I know that after watching it, I certainly had a better understand of what Ginger talks about, and what she struggles with. I can't recommend the video enough.


 


As we go through Disability Awareness Month, or any month really, I encourage you to visit the Defying Limits website and Ginger's YouTube channel to learn more about hidden disabilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lessons I've Learned by Hannah Roque

Hello Section 36!! My name is Hannah Roque, and I currently hold the title of Miss Addison County in Vermont - I’m so excited to be back wit...