Thursday, May 18, 2023

Catching Up With Ava Socarras!

Ava Socarras was kind enough to visit with Section 36 just about a year ago while she held the title of Miss Lexington's Outstanding Teen. Fast forward to the present, and Ava is back with a new title, Miss Gastonia's Teen, and ready to take the Miss North Carolina's Teen stage once again. Ava was kind enough to fill us all in on what she's been up to since her last visit. I hope you enjoy everything she has to say as we catch up with Ava Socarras!

I won my title in November 2022. I was so excited because I was going back to Miss North Carolina Teen with so much passion. Gastonia is a rather large town in the Gaston community of North Carolina. Winning this title meant no more long drives to Lexington, although I do miss the small town feel. Gastonia is about 30 minutes outside of my hometown of Charlotte. 


My main goal was to continue with my Community Service Initiative. Being that it was a new year I had some ideas to “rebrand” my plan. The first thing I did was come up with a different name. While I loved focusing on kidney disease, I felt that I could also raise awareness for other causes. So, I came up with “Baseline: Advocating for Your Medical Health”. The purpose being to reach people within the community and schools. I want to eventually make Baseline a nonprofit. I plan to continue holding my talent show and princess party with the hopes of them only getting larger. To date I have raised almost $3,000 for the National Kidney Foundation, American Heart Association, and American Cancer Society. I have found the Gastonia community to be extremely welcoming. 


I was honored to be able to write an essay for my academics. I have managed to maintain a 4.3 GPA while holding a title. Scholarship is the pillar of Miss America, and I feel like I have put my heart and soul into this system and love what I am able to accomplish.


I have accomplished a lot of what I set out to do as a local titleholder, especially if you look at all I did last year. I think each of us bring unique qualities to the table. This is a large class of highly talented and intelligent young women. I continue every day preparing for Miss North Carolina Teen by incorporating #MissAmericaFit as a healthy lifestyle. I do believe that once you have been to the state level you are more prepared. I try to practice something each day! You can never over prepare! It’s critical that you focus on your race and not what everyone else is doing . This is going to be a good year! 


I’m ready… and would love nothing more than to be Miss North Carolina’s Teen! 


---


That sounds like a good plan to me!


As you attempt to keep up with everything Ava has going on, I encourage you to check out her CSI's Instagram account, website, as well as her entire linktree. Her title also has an Instagram and Facebook account you'll want to check out. They're great ways to keep track! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Lessons I've Learned by Hannah Roque

Hello Section 36!! My name is Hannah Roque, and I currently hold the title of Miss Addison County in Vermont - I’m so excited to be back wit...