Thursday, March 17, 2022

Committing to Confidence - a Guest Blog Series by Katelyn Andrist

This is a guest blog from Katelyn Andrist, embracing her SII: Commit to Confidence: Envisioning A More Confident You! I hope you enjoy it.

Hi (“: it’s me again and I wanted to check up on you and let you know how proud I am of you❤️ Keep going and fighting in this beautiful crazy world. I promise things will go your way soon. Have faith and hope in God. I wanted to share with you all my lock screen saying:


“You are worthy of great love. You are worthy of the pursuit of happiness. You are worthy of being known to the endless depths of you.”

- Morgan Harper Nichols


I love this saying and it spoke to my soul. You are worthy. Say it again. Read it again. SCREAM it from the top of your lungs. It’s time we take back OUR LIVES!! Take back our mental, emotional and physical health. It’s time to talk about seasonal depression and anxiety. First off it’s okay to feel this way, you are not alone and this is not your fault. It’s time to start the conversation and be honest, pure and real. This is real life. People every day wake up with anxiety and depression and lay in their beds at night thinking they aren’t good enough. 


If this is you it’s okay, I promise it will get better. Keep pushing yourself and openly talk about it. In 2022 let’s start talking more about our thoughts, feelings and our insecurities. It’s OKAY!! These are the things that make us human and special because no story is the same. Everyone has their own story. It’s time we share our stories, our beautiful stories that make our souls us. The good and bad create our futures. Here’s to more beautifully designed journeys to find our souls. I hope you find something that lights a fire under your soul and sparks fireworks in your life. You deserve it. 


You are worthy. Beauty is in the way you hold yourself. It’s how you treat people and yourself. The way you love. It’s self acceptance. Beauty is in your soul running through your fingertips and toes(: Remember to have respect for yourself, your mind, your heart, your soul and your body. Respecting and loving yourself will go a long way."


-Katelyn Andrist, Miss Walnut Valley 

I want to thank Katelyn for sharing this story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lessons I've Learned by Hannah Roque

Hello Section 36!! My name is Hannah Roque, and I currently hold the title of Miss Addison County in Vermont - I’m so excited to be back wit...