Sunday, January 1, 2023

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year from Section 36 Forevers!

Looking back on 2022, I'm pleased with the content and progress of this here blog and could not be more excited about the future. 2021 saw a refocus of the blog, and I was really able to grab onto that in 2022, by focusing on the titleholders.

The biggest development was the addition of so many guest blogs. It's such an important part of what I'm doing here with the "for titleholders by titleholders" sort of feel. It's so wonderful to share the thoughts and views from so many different places.

Of course, any guest blog discussion needs to start with Katelyn Andrist. Her weekly "Committing to Confidence" guest blog series has been a great way to see her expand on her SII. We've been able to reach so many people together, and I can wait to have that series continue.

Beyond that, I've been able to post guest blogs recounting experience at Miss America, at appearances, and deep dives into SIIs. It's been so much fun to share so many amazing posts. (Interested in writing one of your own? Feel free to reach out.)

And don't forget the Section 36 store! I love seeing titleholders showing off their favorite merch! Do you have any yet?

There has also been a social media growth! As I hope you're aware, the Section 36 Forevers social media presence is out there. How? I'm glad you asked!
 
Instagram is probably the place I’ve seen the most movement in the past year. It’s been great connecting with fans and visitors through that site. I use that account to post any and all pictures that have been submitted by my interview guests. Maybe they were pictures that went along with their interviews, or extras that couldn’t fit with the interview. Or, they’re pictures that have been submitted after visiting. Whatever the case, I post them and use them to remind people of their visit. It’s fun because it adds a lot of different content to the feed. That account had a big 2022! 

Twitter is still there, as long as Elon allows it to be.  It will tweet out links to titleholder interviews. It also passes along tweets/announcements from visitors. 


Facebook provides fun opportunities. It posts links to titleholder interviews, as well as any pictures former visitors have submitted. It has also started posting pictures of any titleholders with Section 36 gear, whether they’ve visited or not. The number of people who like that page continued to grow in 2022.


With all those ways to connect with Section 36 Forevers, there should be plenty of ways to share the amazing things my visitors are doing. I can't want to bring that to a much larger scale.


It’ll be a lot of fun. I hope you'll come along for the ride! 


And I hope you'll consider a guest blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lessons I've Learned by Hannah Roque

Hello Section 36!! My name is Hannah Roque, and I currently hold the title of Miss Addison County in Vermont - I’m so excited to be back wit...