Thursday, September 28, 2023

Committing to Confidence - a Blog Series by Katelyn Andrist


This week I am focusing on letting go of resentment. 

I asked myself “How do I truly let go of resentment?” 


1. Accept what has happened 

2. Forgiveness 
3. Understanding I can not control everything 
4. Try not to be a “people-pleaser” 
5. Be more assertive with setting boundaries and following them
6. Be mindful of what you are saying, feeling, and thinking 
7. It is a projection of what they are experiencing - it has nothing to do with me


Resentment is a negative emotion – feelings of frustration and disappointment because you were mistreated or wronged by another person. Those are valid feelings, 110% BUT, you have the power over your emotions. You are stronger than your emotions. 


Next time you are experiencing resentment – try to replace resentment with love.

 

Love always wins. 


-Katelyn Andrist 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lessons I've Learned by Hannah Roque

Hello Section 36!! My name is Hannah Roque, and I currently hold the title of Miss Addison County in Vermont - I’m so excited to be back wit...