Thursday, June 30, 2022

Committing to Confidence - a Guest Blog Series by Katelyn Andrist

This is a guest blog from Katelyn Andrist, embracing her SII: Commit to Confidence: Envisioning A More Confident You! I hope you enjoy it.

If I can’t have certainty, I’ll have courage.


If I can’t avoid pain, I’ll embrace hope. 


If I can’t find the light, I’ll be the light. 


If you are not finding joy in the journey, you are on the wrong journey. 


Let me tell you a secret… you are on YOUR journey. 


Sometimes we forget life is full of different emotions like a roller coaster. Our feelings can go up and down. Negative to positive in a matter of seconds…. The true act of growth is how we react to these emotions and how we can embrace what has already happened. Giving up control and trying to understand what just happened. What if we instead try to find the light or good from the experience? Focusing on the bad and darkness only brings more stress and pain. 


In life we will experience pain. There is no avoiding that but we can find hope. I have learned over the years if you can not find the light…. be that light for someone else. You never know who is watching you nor looking up to you. By being the light you are becoming a role model for those little girls and boys who feel like their light has been lost. Imagine that your light just sparked the future of a little girl or boy who thought they had nothing to offer this world. 


Keep finding and fighting. Your light could spark someone's light. 


Katelyn Andrist 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lessons I've Learned by Hannah Roque

Hello Section 36!! My name is Hannah Roque, and I currently hold the title of Miss Addison County in Vermont - I’m so excited to be back wit...