Thursday, June 23, 2022

Committing to Confidence - a Guest Blog Series by Katelyn Andrist

This is a guest blog from Katelyn Andrist, embracing her SII: Commit to Confidence: Envisioning A More Confident You! I hope you enjoy it.

“Seek respect, not attention. It lasts longer. - Ziad Abdelnour 


Respect can be defined as a feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements. In this world you NEED people to respect you. Not like you. You should be the only one liking and loving yourself. Sometimes we get so caught up with how others view ourselves….we forget… “Do I even like myself?” 

Think about this when you walk into a room: do you want to be respected or well liked? That is something only you can decide for yourself. 

I want to be respected. 

Respected by yourself, family, friends, and more. You have to demand respect from people, places, and things. 

I promise respect will go SO much further than attention. This is a hard lesson I am still trying to learn. Do not be so hard on yourself! Please remember you are constantly changing, growing, and healing! I am proud of you (: 

-Katelyn Andrist  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lessons I've Learned by Hannah Roque

Hello Section 36!! My name is Hannah Roque, and I currently hold the title of Miss Addison County in Vermont - I’m so excited to be back wit...