Thursday, April 28, 2022

Committing to Confidence - a Guest Blog Series by Katelyn Andrist

This is a guest blog from Katelyn Andrist, embracing her SII: Commit to Confidence: Envisioning A More Confident You! I hope you enjoy it.

“To me, beauty is about being comfortable in your skin. It’s about knowing and accepting who you are. One day I had to sit down with myself and decide that I loved myself no matter what my body looked like and what other people thought about my body.”
-Gabourey Sidibe 

Loving yourself is the greatest revolution. Your weight does not define your worth. You are enough. You are absolutely beautiful. The problem is not with your body, the problem is what you think of it... and what you think of yourself. Stop being so hard on yourself, your mind and body. I am not here to show off my body but to show you I am comfortable in my skin

Body.
A four letter word we let determine our whole life.
On repeat in our minds “Am I skinny enough?” “Am I beautiful enough?” “Why does my body look like this?” “I hate the way I look.”

Remember, everybody is beautiful. Your body is beautiful! Your body doesn’t determine you or your life! Your body and you are not defined by numbers on the tag or scale! It's up to you to tell yourself and others that! You only have one body, love your body unconditionally! Fuel yourself with love and peace of peacefulness! Consume healthy thoughts and food! Exercise hate and negativity off of you. This all starts with you! Cut off toxic and negative people in your life! I promise once you do you will glow and shine brighter than the sun.

It’s okay if your body is changing, that's a normal part of life for a man or woman.
Your body is changing every day just like you (:

With 2022 it’s time to love our bodies wholeheartedly and be comfortable in our skin!! With my life changing, going off to college and dancing less I can see a change in my body but I still love my body. I understand your frustration and know where you are coming from! I am finding new ways to keep myself happy and healthy! I did and I can say I love my body and I feel beautiful in my own skin! You can do the same! The small things add up! I promise you when I say your body is beautiful and everything will be okay. Don’t be so hard on yourself or your body. love your body. you only have one. one mind. one heart. one soul. one body. You are loved and wanted."

- Katelyn Andrist 

I want to thank Katelyn for sharing this story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lessons I've Learned by Hannah Roque

Hello Section 36!! My name is Hannah Roque, and I currently hold the title of Miss Addison County in Vermont - I’m so excited to be back wit...